Beautiful People is a linkup hosted by Cait of Paper Fury and Sky of Further Up and Further In. This is my first time having participated, but believe me, having peaked at the archives, I would go back and answer them all. Or at least a lot of them. Let’s face it, all of them would take quite a lot of time to complete.
SO being my first time, I’ll be ‘interviewing’ my protagonist from The Sparrow Who Couldn’t Sing, Sparrow. Or Lyric. (click the link for clarification on her name ;D )
- How often do they smile? Would they smile at a stranger?
She smiles frequently, but not every smile is genuine. Most of the time, smiling is a coverup, or a response she’ll give to please another person, even though her actual emotion is anything but smiling. And she may smile at a stranger. Depends on the context.
- What is the cruelest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction?
That would probably be classified as ‘spoiler,’ 😉
- What is the kindest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction? Where she’s from, speaking kind things and actually meaning them are of rare occurrence. One might be tossing praises at a person one minute, and curses the next. So there really isn’t a single occurrence that sticks out above the crowd.
- What is one strong memory that has stuck with your character from childhood? Why is it so powerful and lasting? At the age of three, Lyric was abused to set an example of obedience to all the rest of the girls in her institute. She never has regained total trust with her teachers and superiors, or total confidence in herself among her peers.
- What book (a real actual published book!) do you think your character would benefit from reading? Ahhhh… The only one that comes to mind is Anne of Green Gables. But no books like that remain in her world.
- Have they ever been seriously injured? How severely? How did they react? Going back to question four, her abuse was a serious injury, both physically and mentally. She was put it a scorching hot shower and given a rough beating. Her reaction? Stick with the crowd, don’t lag behind and everything will be alright.
- Do they like and get along with their neighbors? She likes her roommate Ember alright. She gets along fabulously with most all her neighbors, since she is so unwilling to rock the boat.
- On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being easy and 10 being difficult) how easy are they to get along with? Probably a two or three. It would be a one, but at some point she’s so unwilling to not rock the boat, it’s uncomfortable to get along with her.
- If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go? Lyric would travel somewhere serene, peaceful and with her best friend Peyton… possibly a place where no one could ever come and find them, or a place they could never be brought back from.
- Who was the last person they held hands with? Lyric despises holding hands, but frequently has to hold hands with Peyton.
Have you ever participated in Beautiful People? If not, you should give it a try! Even just in answering these ten question I had a little clarification on who Sparrow/Lyric is, and who she is to her story.